- Sustainable Design for Future Life
Good design is about making ideas come alive, as solutions that fulfill one or more…
- Review of Books related to Sustainability
I love reading books and when looking at my book shelve I can see that…
- How to get started with sustainability in your company
If you are about to think about your company’s sustainability journey, and might not even…
- We can all initiate innovation and change – also in the sustainability area.
Project Drawdown has done a great job in trying to describe how each of us…
- Data, IT, and Technology Roles
I often look at Project Drawdown, as I think they do a fantastic job. I…
- (More) Sustainable Packaging
The packaging area is often seen as an area, where it is relatively easy to…
- People that impacted the history of Sustainability
By Claus Mølgaard (Note: Anja Juhl Jensen updated the first version with additional persons) Some…
- Historical overview of Sustainability Policies
By Claus Mølgaard (Note: Anja Juhl Jensen has updated the text fall 2022 with extra…
- Tools: Earth Hero (free app)
Global warming and the need for actions can be a daunting task for the individual,…
- How to Save the Planet: Degrowth vs Green Growth?
Hvordan balancerer vi fortsat økonomisk vækst med det åbenlyse behov for vækst i bæredygtige løsninger…
- Climate scientists are desperate
If everyone could see what I see coming, society would switch into climate emergency mode and end…
- The 6th warmest August in 143 years
The summer is now officially over and as I am looking out to the grey…
- How to engage employees in the sustainability journey
This article might feel long, but it gives a really good introduction to how and…
- Who is responsible for sustainability in your company?
There are a lot of good reasons for companies to focus on sustainability, but who…
- Legal is also a needed skill in the Sustainability Department
There is a large difference in what educational background and experience the different sustainability responsible…
- Lack of Sustainability Skills is a challenge that needs to be addressed
The amount of job adds popping up with sustainability in the job title has exploded over the past months and so has the amount of new sustainability consulting companies. This is the new area to work in.
- IPCC 6 Shows A “Criminal Abdication Of Leadership”
- Så meget udleder der forskellige fødevarer
- How is global climate change governed?
Ever wanted to know how the climate is governed globally? This article explains it.
- Carbon budgets
In order to stay below the 1,5 degrees Celsius, we need to stay within a specific amount of CO2 emissions. This is called the carbon budget. The IPCC AR6 Report of 2021 indicates that the remaining carbon budget to remain within 1.5° of global warming is 400 billion tonnes CO2. According to EIA, the global CO2 emission for 2021 was 36,3 billion tonnes. This means that the budget is used up after 11 years.
- Setting meaningful targets: SBTi
- Ørsted becomes the first energy company in the world with long-term science-based net-zero target
Ørsted is the first and only energy company to receive the new net-zero validation and one of only seven companies on the list.
- Risks from temperature rises according to IPCC
- Climate change consequences according to EC
Climate change affects all regions around the world. Polar ice shields are melting and the sea is rising. In some regions extreme weather events and rainfall are becoming more common while others are experiencing more extreme heat waves and droughts. These impacts are expected to intensify in the coming decades.
- Climate change 2022: The physical science basis
IPCC Working Group 1 report is a code red for humanity. The alarm bells are deafening, and the evidence is irrefutable: greenhouse‑gas emissions from fossil-fuel burning and deforestation are choking our planet and putting billions of people at immediate risk.
- IPCC – The 6th assessment report
The Working Group I contribution to the Sixth Assessment Report is the most up-to-date physical understanding of the climate system and climate change, bringing together the latest advances in climate science, and combining multiple lines of evidence from paleoclimate, observations, process understanding, and global and regional climate simulations.
- Rådgivere skal også stilles til ansvar for greenwashing
Greenwashing er et stigende problem. Virksomheder skal stilles til ansvar. Men nu meder CSR.dk at rådgivere også skal stille stil ansvar. Læs hvorfor i denne artikel.
- 2022 bliver et afgørende år for CSR-professionelle
CSR rapportering har været vigtigt, og forventes at blive endnu mere vigtig i 2022. Denne artikel fra Dansk Erhverv sætter ord på hvorfor.
- EU Taxonomy
The EU taxonomy for sustainable activities (ie. "green taxonomy") is a classification system established to clarify which investments are environmentally sustainable, in the context of the European Green Deal. The aim of the taxonomy is to prevent greenwashing and to help investors make greener choices.
- EU’s new climate targets – Fit for 55
The EU has adopted a climate law setting its new climate targets of at least a 55% reduction in greenhouse gas emissions by 2030 compared to 1990 levels and net zero by 2050. The European Commission published its first part of the “Fit for 55” package in July 2021 to enable the EU to meet those targets. The second part was released in December 2021.