Project Drawdown is a climate change mitigation project initiated byPaul Hawken and climate activist Amanda Joy Ravenhill. The Project Drawdown organization website includes easy to consumevideo lessons that explain the analysis and insights behind the effortsand research that make up the science behind the project.
“We see global warming not as an inevitability but as an invitation to build, innovate, and effect change, a pathway that awakens creativity, compassion, and genius. This is not a liberal agenda, nor is it a conservative one. This is the human agenda.”Paul Hawken, Drawdown: The Most Comprehensive Plan Ever Proposed to Reverse Global Warming
Central to the project is the compilation of a list of the “Most substantive solutions to global warming”. The team measured and modeled each solution’s carbon impactthrough the year 2050, its total and net cost to society, and its totallifetime savings. Project Drawdown uses different scenarios to assess what different changes to global climate efforts might look like.
Our blog posts / Critical reviews
- Who is responsible for sustainability in your company?Image by Max Vakhtbovych from Pexels There are a lot of good reasons for companies to focus ...
Must read articles / must see videos
- Fulfilling the Promise: How Climate Action 100+ Investor-Signatories Can Mitigate Systemic Climate RiskWhat we have read Majority Action is a non-profit, non-partisan organization that empowers shareholders to hold ...
- How to make radical climate action the new normal / Al Gorehttps://www.ted.com/talks/al_gore_how_to_make_radical_climate_action_the_new_normal Video owned by TED (licensed under CC BY–NC–ND 4.0)
- An action plan for solving the climate crisis / John Doerrhttps://www.ted.com/talks/john_doerr_and_ryan_panchadsaram_an_action_plan_for_solving_the_climate_crisis Video owned by TED (licensed under CC BY–NC–ND 4.0)
- Setting meaningful targets: SBTiAt its core, the SBTi framework is a rigorous set of criteria about what emissions ...
- Ørsted becomes the first energy company in the world with long-term science-based net-zero targetØrsted is the first and only energy company to receive the new net-zero validation and one of only seven companies on the list.